How To Make A Delicious Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Written by: Samantha Wasielewski - Oct. 6, 2020
When it comes to smoothies, it doesn’t get much better than a good ol’ classic strawberry banana smoothie, until now…😱 This amazingly delicious twist on the traditional strawberry banana smoothie serves up a big bowl of benefits for your waistline and your skin. So, are ready for your tastebuds to throw a pretty epic party in your mouth with this strawberry banana smoothie recipe? Me too, let’s get started!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Benefits
If you stop at your favorite smoothie shop, chances are you’re unknowingly consuming large amounts of sugar when you order your strawberry smoothie. When you hear “smoothie”, health-conscious words probably come to mind. But too many times strawberry banana smoothie recipes pack in extra sugar that can overpower the healthy benefits you should be getting.
Well no more! This strawberry banana smoothie recipe was created to skip the sugar and focus on healthy ingredients, for benefits you can see!
- Boosts antioxidants- Bananas, strawberries, and chia seeds all contain powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants help reduce damage from free radicals and may even lower your risk of some diseases. Bananas also have some potent antioxidants, including dopamine and catechins. Both of these have been linked to several important health benefits, such as a reduced risk of heart disease. When you combine all three, like in this strawberry banana smoothie, you’ve got an antioxidant powerhouse your body will be thanking you for! [1, 2, 3]
- Low calorie—Weighing in at a mere 239 calories, this strawberry smoothie will be much appreciated by your waistline. 👏 The ingredients in this strawberry banana smoothie are as healthy as they are filling. Sip on this for breakfast, or anytime throughout the day when you need a little snack, to skip out on other unhealthy cravings that may be keeping you from your weight loss goals. Chia seeds in particular, can absorb up to 12 times their weight in water, where they then become gel-like and expand in your stomach. This helps increase fullness, so you eat fewer calories throughout the day.
- Nutrient-dense—Many of the ingredients in this strawberry smoothie check off the important boxes that your body is no doubt craving. Both the strawberries and bananas in this strawberry banana smoothie contain high amounts of vitamin C, potassium, and manganese. The chia seeds in this strawberry smoothie also have important nutrients, such as fiber, protein, and magnesium. Toss all of these into a blender and you’ve got a mean, clean, strawberry banana smoothie recipe for full body benefits!
How To Boost The Benefits Of A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
If you thought this strawberry banana smoothie couldn’t get any better, you’re in for a real treat! I’ve added my absolute favorite anti-aging secret weapon into this strawberry smoothie for a scrumptious snack that helps turn back the hands of time! What’s my secret? It’s Super Youth collagen.
There’s a reason why hundreds of thousands of women everywhere have rated Super Youth collagen 5 stars. From smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles, to reducing cellulite, the skin benefits from Super Youth are just the beginning. Super Youth helps you feel younger from the inside-out by also helping to reduce joint pain and popping of the knees, and even strengthens your bones and joints so you can move around with ease.
Weak nail beds? Thinning hair? Super Youth helps with that, too! Collagen promotes stronger, longer hair and nails for a healthy mane that helps you look more youthful. If your digestion isn’t always in tip-top shape, collagen can also help alleviate some uncomfortable digestive issues, such as leaky gut and IBS.
Is your head spinning yet from all these incredible benefits? Mine too, so it’s no wonder they’ve made their way into this strawberry banana smoothie recipe! So, get your blender ready because you’ll be making it over and over again.
Strawberry Smoothie Nutrition Facts
I wasn’t lying when I said this strawberry smoothie recipe was healthy! Here’s the nutrition facts:
- Calories: 239 calories
- Carbs: 37g
- Fats: 7g
- Proteins: 11g
- Sugar: –
- Fiber: 9g
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1 frozen banana
- ⅓ cup strawberries
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop Super Youth collagen (unflavored)
- Honey for added sweetness, optional
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.