Tropical Orange Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
Written by: Spencer Higgs - Aug. 18, 2020
Smoothies are one of the most effective and efficient meals out there. In hardly any time at all, you can be sipping down an abundance of vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients that help your body function optimally, raise and sustain your energy for long periods of time, bolster your immune system, and—in the case of this orange pineapple smoothie recipe—even help delay the visible and visceral signs of aging.
Whoa. Is. Right.
So get your blender ready while we go over everything that makes this orange pineapple smoothie one of the best ways to start the day.
Orange Pineapple Smoothie Benefits
By now, you shouldn’t need anyone telling you to eat a healthy amount of fruit every day. Like vegetables, fruits are vital to keeping your body looking, feeling, and working its best.
Less known to most people, however, are the reasons why fruits are so fantastic for you. Most fruits—particularly those in this recipe—are packed with essential vitamins, and a host of antioxidants and anti-inflammatories that come to your body’s aid on the regular.
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of a fresh orange pineapple smoothie. (Plus, the secret ingredient in this particular recipe that helps time slow down, at least as far as aging is concerned.)
- Boost immunity—Two of the main ingredients of this smoothie (orange and pineapple) contain very high levels of vitamin C. One half cup of oranges contains about 48 mg (80%) of your daily recommended vitamin C intake, while the same amount of pineapple steps it up an additional 39.45 mg (65.5%). This is a good thing, especially these days, as vitamin C can both prevent and treat respiratory and systemic infections by boosting your immune response. 
- Help wounds heal—Just as it works against respiratory infections, vitamin C also helps support our skin cells when healing from wounds. This is due to vitamin C’s ability to combat oxidative and inflammatory stress that can make wounds heal more slowly and less effectively. 
- Support Brain Health—I added bananas to this recipe for a few reasons. A major one is bananas’ cache of vitamin B6—another essential vitamin to good health. Vitamin B6 is important for cognitive development by biosynthesizing neurotransmitters. Studies further suggest that maintaining adequate B6 levels can work against cognitive decline.  The mind-body support makes an orange pineapple banana smoothie a no-brainer for staying strong and staying smart.
- Rich in manganese—Every sip of orange pineapple banana smoothie supplies your body with valuable fiber. Fiber aids digestion, both by helping to keep you regular and by regulating gut health.
- Supports youthful hair, skin, & joints—A key ingredient in this orange, pineapple, banana smoothie is Super Youth Orange Pineapple Collagen. Super Youth offers five types of youth-preserving collagen peptides—the highest quality available on the market. Collagen is shown to help protect hair, skin, joints, and more from the effects of aging and other external stressors. [3, 4, 5]
Why Super Youth Collagen?
As mentioned, Super Youth is made with five types of high-grade collagen. These collagen types (types I, II, II, V, and X) come from four premium sources. This is really, really important, because the source of your collagen could determine its quality.
What’s more, these five collagen types go to work preserving specific parts of your body that feel (and show) the signs of aging the most. For instance, your joints. Collagen Type II has shown to significantly improve joint pain and mobility, even in people who suffer from chronic joint diseases, such as osteoarthritis. 
But perhaps nothing quite reveals (and sometimes exaggerates) your age quite like your hair and skin—think thinning follicles and wrinkles. Enter Type I collagen, which promotes significant hair growth and reduce the skin wrinkles. [3, 7]
And you’re getting ALL these benefits in just one orange pineapple banana smoothie. Hence, why you’ll rarely find me starting the day any other way.
Pssst… If you’re just looking to quench your thirst, just add Super Youth Orange Pineapple to a glass or water and stir. It tastes great and affords the same youth-preserving benefits as this orange pineapple banana smoothie.
Orange Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop Super Youth Orange Pineapple collagen
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup coconut almond milk (or your preferred milk)
- ½ cup ice
- Granola, for topping (optional)
- Blend everything in a powerful blender until smooth.Top with granola.