Delicious Lemon Ginger Detox Recipe To Boost Fat Loss
Written by: Samantha Wasielewski - Jan. 18, 2021
Detox diets come in all shapes and sizes, but the unfortunate truth is that most of them simply don’t work (believe me, I’ve tried them all). Why? Well, the combination of ingredients are usually ones that haven’t been proven effective for sustainable weight loss or include harmful ingredients that disrupt your digestive system.
That’s why I’ve created this delicious lemon ginger detox, to put all other detox drinks to shame—with results you’ll actually see and feel. With the perfect combination of detox tea and fat burning ingredients, you’ll be blown away at how easy it is to finally crush your goals in 2021.
Ingredients In A Ginger Detox Drink
This ginger detox drink is packed with healthy, body-loving ingredients, and will quickly become one your new favorite weight loss warrior beverage. Check out the ingredients below and you’ll see why you need this ginger detox in your life now!
- Fresh ginger— Ginger’s unique flavor makes it unlike any other, and besides being my favorite sushi sidekick, it also has some amazing health benefits that make it the perfect addition to this lemon ginger detox. Ginger is great for the digestive system, and can help with chronic indigestion and nausea. (1) Ginger has also been shown to help reduce body weight, along with improving the waist-to-reducing the hip ratio in those who are overweight or obese. (2)
- Lemon juice—Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for keeping your heart healthy. (3). Research also suggests that the plant compounds in lemons may help prevent or reduce weight gain. (4). This particular ginger detox contains both lemon and water, which is a powerful combination for helping you feel fuller for longer.
- Super Youth Detox—The holy grail of healthy weight loss. Super Youth Detox Tea packs the final punch in this lemon ginger detox. Loaded with 13 powerful superfoods that help burn fat, reduce bloating, and naturally increase energy.
- Mint— Besides making you oh-so-kissable 💋, mint is loaded with nutrients like fiber, vitamin A, iron, and folate. It is also great for your tummy, by helping to relieve indigestion and an upset stomach. (5).
Lemon Ginger Detox Benefits
While weight loss is the awesome main benefit of this lemon ginger detox, here are some other equally impressive benefits you can expect to see when you drink this ginger detox regularly:
- Weight loss
- Increased energy levels
- Decreased bloating
- Fat burning
- Clear skin
How To Make A Ginger Detox
This lemon ginger detox takes just 10 minutes to make, and you can even make it in large batches so it’s ready and waiting for your busy week ahead. Made with only fresh, healthy ingredients, you’ll look forward to whipping up this ginger detox, keeping you on track to hit your weight loss goals once and for all! Enjoy!
5 min mins
5 min mins
10 min mins
Lemon Ginger Detox
- 4 ounce fresh ginger root
- ¼ cup mint leaves, packed
- 5-6 cups water (adjust to desired strength, with more or less)
- 2 large lemons, juiced
- 3 tea bags of Super Youth Detox
- ¼ cup honey, or more to desired sweetness
- Peel ginger using a knife or spoon to remove skin. Chop the ginger into rough chunks, small enough to easily blend in a blender or food processor. An alternative method would be to use a microplane or fine edge of a grater. Do not cut ginger in chunks if using a grater to grate the ginger.
- Crush mint in a small bowl using a small pestle and set aside.
- Bring about 6 cups of water to a boil in a pot. Once boiling, turn off heat and let 3 Detox tea bags steep.
- While water is heating up, place ginger into a blender, cover with 1 cup water, and blend until ginger is thick and pasty.
- Put cheesecloth over a large bowl. Add the ginger paste, mint, and boiled Detox.
- Sieve the ginger using a cheesecloth. Squeeze out the juice and let it fall into the bowl. Discard the remaining paste.
- Stir in lemon juice and honey until everything is mixed.
- Serve hot or iced and top with a mint leaf for garnish.