London Fog Iced Charcoal Latte Recipe
Written by: Samantha Wasielewski - Oct. 20, 2020
If you’ve ever seen pictures of a charcoal latte, then you know why it has become Instagram famous. This swirling, wondrous concoction not only looks amazing, but an activated charcoal latte also comes with some pretty impressive health benefits. If you’ve never tried one before and are a little skeptical on what it tastes like, let me put you at ease. This recipe combines the health benefits of activated charcoal (which I’ll cover in a bit), but with the warm and inviting flavor of a London fog latte. London fog is a combination of Earl Gray tea, vanilla, and milk.
You’ll love the versatile benefits of this iced charcoal latte recipe and you’ll love posting the gorgeous finished product of your new favorite London fog latte recipe!
What Is An Activated Charcoal Latte?
What is a charcoal latte? The picture says it all! I’m just kidding, I’ll explain what it is, but wow, that picture certainly is worth a thousands words. 😉 Because of the way it looks, charcoal lattes have been called a goth-lovers dream, but this recipe is anything but dreary!
An activated charcoal latte contains, you guessed it, activated charcoal! Activated charcoal is a fine, extremely absorbent black powder. It is made by heating carbon-rich materials such as coconut shells or bone char at very high temperatures. The high temperatures reduce the size of its pores and increases its surface area, making it more porous than regular charcoal (1). This dark and stormy iced charcoal latte is a detoxifying dream because charcoal itself is designed to remove toxins from your body.
Charcoal is used for a wide array of things, and is even used in emergency rooms when patients get their stomachs pumped. From reducing gas to being used as an emergency poison treatment (2), it’s no wonder charcoal lattes are a trending hot health beverage across social media! Did I mention how cool the London fog latte looks? 🤣
Charcoal Latte Benefits
- Traps toxins & chemicals—Activated charcoal works wonders for your gut. It traps unwanted toxins and chemicals and prevents absorption due to its porous texture. It also traps gas, which of course, helps reduce discomfort and painful bloating. Pour me a glass of that! 🙋♀️
- Antioxidant health—This London fog latte recipe contains earl grey tea, which is rich in polyphenols. Polyphenols act as antioxidants, which help fight free radicals that can cause cell damage. The earl grey tea in this London fog latte may also aid in digestion, helping to relieve constipation and fight inflammation.
- Healthy, natural energy—Skip the coffee with this London fog latte! The earl grey tea in this charcoal latte provides a natural energy boost, without the crash or jitters that coffee does. The best part? This London fog latte is still completely relaxing, with a small caffeine pick-me-up!
- Younger-looking skin—This recipe will easily become your favorite fountain of youth bevvy because it contains age-reversing Super Youth collagen ! Super Youth collagen is unique because it contains all five types of premium collagen peptides that work to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, strengthen bones and joints, and help to grow stronger, healthier hair and nails. Talk about an all-in-one recipe!
How To Make An Iced Charcoal Latte
While the benefits of drinking a charcoal latte are enticing, sometimes the taste of charcoal alone is not. That’s where this latte recipe comes in. Earl grey tea has a delightfully soothing flavor that creates a relaxing aroma that can calm any nerve. And with the pinch of maple syrup and vanilla extract in this iced charcoal latte recipe, your taste buds will be anything but disappointed.
This iced charcoal latte recipe takes just a few minutes to whip up, making it the easiest charcoal latte around! Simply brew your earl grey tea, add the ingredients to your blender, pour over ice, and you’ve got a delicious activated charcoal latte you’ll want to make again and again.
And if you’ve seen a charcoal latte coffee, or an iced charcoal latte on the menu at your favorite cafe, you’ll be glad to know that you’re saving some serious $$$ by making this activated charcoal latte at home!
5 minutes mins
5 minutes mins
10 minutes mins
London Fog Charcoal Latte Recipe
- 500mg activated charcoal (or ½ tsp loose powder)
- ¼ cup Earl Gray tea, brewed and chilled
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Super Youth collagen, unflavored
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups almond milk (divided ½ cup and 1 cup)
- In a blender blend together the activated charcoal powder, Earl Gray tea, Super Youth collagen, maple syrup, salt, vanilla extract and ½ cup of almond milk.
- Pour over ice
- Top with an extra cup of almond milk and enjoy!