How To Make A Homemade Chai Latte (+ Vanilla Chai Powder Recipe)
Written by: Samantha Wasielewski - Dec. 28, 2020
You might think nothing beats an iced coffee, or a tasty latte in the morning, and just a few years ago I would have agreed. But I’m here to share with you an even more cozy, more delicious option for your morning pick-me-up needs, and it doesn’t involve coffee at all! It’s a chai latte!
Because chai lattes aren’t exactly mainstream, I didn’t discover them until recently. But when I took that first sip, I pretty much kicked coffee to the curb, because chai lattes are absolutely exploding with flavor, and coffee just can’t compete! The problem with a chai latte addiction however, is that they can get costly. Enter the homemade chai latte! I’m here to make your morning routines a whole lot tastier, while saving you some moolah 💰 along the way!
What Is A Chai Latte?
Loaded with spices, this tea is a power-punch of flavor. Starbucks might not like your new favorite homemade chai latte recipe, but your taste buds and your wallet certainly will!
The word chai actually just means tea, so if you’ve heard of chai tea, it literally translates to tea tea. Chai itself is a mixture of black tea and spices. In this particular recipe, I show you how to make your very own vanilla chai mix!
Contrary to popular belief, a homemade chai latte, or any chai latte for that matter does not actually contain coffee. The latte part comes from adding warm, or steamed milk. But don’t worry, no coffee needed! The combination of spices in this vanilla chai powder in addition to the black tea in the homemade chai latte will provide a nice, subtle energy kick, without the crash or jitters that coffee might.
Homemade Vanilla Chai Mix
This delicious vanilla chai mix is easy to make, and you probably have most of the spices already in your spice cabinet! Check out the vanilla chai powder ingredients below to see what you have, and what you’ll need.
Vanilla chai powder ingredients
- 1 teaspoons cardamom
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Fresh vanilla beans from half of a pod
How to make vanilla chai powder
After you make your batch of vanilla chai mix, you’ll have a fresh vanilla chai powder available to you fresh for a whole month!
Simply mix everything together and keep it in an airtight container, and boom! You’re ready to make a homemade chai latte in minutes!
Health Benefits Of Chai Tea
- Improved digestion—the unique blend of spices in this vanilla chai mix is great for helping to regulate digestion. Spices can help keep your gut healthy, for optimal digestion which can even help you achieve a healthy weight.
- Antioxidants—the black tea in this recipe contains important antioxidants for the body. Antioxidants help keep you healthy by removing free radicals that can cause cell damage in the body.
- Youthful, healthy skin—a surprising benefit to this recipe is its youthful properties. That’s because I’ve added my favorite fountain of youth to it, Super Youth collagen. Super Youth collagen is my go-to for keeping my skin smooth and tight, helping to grow my hair and nails, and keeping my body performing at its most youthful level.
Ready to meet your new favorite morning pick-me-up? In just 5 minutes you’ll be sippin’ on a delicious, aromic, and body-loving homemade chai latte, enjoy!
5 min mins
0 min mins
5 min mins
Homemade Chai Latte Recipe (With Vanilla Chai Mix)
- 2 tbsp homemade vanilla chai mix (recipe above)
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup warm milk of choice
- 1 tea bag, black tea
- 1 scoop Super Youth collagen, Unflavored
- Steep the black tea in 1 cup of hot milk for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, mix 2 tbsp of chai mix, 2 tbsp warm water, and the Super Youth collagen in a blender. Once the tea is finished steeping, remove the tea bag and add the black tea milk to the blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into a mug and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy.