Healthy & Delicious Holiday Grinch Smoothie Recipe
Written by: Spencer Higgs - Dec. 14, 2020
One of my favorite treats to make during the holidays is a Grinch smoothie. As the name suggests, it’s a green holiday smoothie bearing slight resemblance to everyone’s favorite holiday antihero. Unlike the sour, rotten, no-good Grinch (before his heart grew three times its size with Christmas spirit), this culinary ode to one of the best Dr. Seuss novels is sweet, fresh, and so-so-so good. But the goodness of this Grinch smoothie doesn’t stop at it’s delicious taste—it’s also incredibly healthy.
Unlike other Grinch smoothie recipes out there that are overloaded with sugar and carbs, each sip of this one is packed with some of the strongest superfoods you can fit in a blender. And the best part is, kids absolutely love it. It’s a great recipe to get children into healthy holiday habits at an early age.
So get that blender ready!
How To Make the Best Holiday Smoothie
You’ll love how incredibly healthy this holiday smoothie is! It’s a welcome contrast to all the grease, carbs, wheat, and saturated fats found in most holiday dishes, plus it’s simple to make. But don’t be fooled, this holiday smoothie is as delicious as it is nutritious.
To make a superfood Grinch smoothie taste sweet and creamy, you’ll use banana, vanilla extract, and avocado. (Avocado helps make the perfect texture.) The result: a nicely balanced, sweet-meets-satisfying recipe.
To really make this healthy holiday smoothie taste really seasonal, try adding optional toppings to bring out the holiday colors and give it a little extra sweetness. I recommend goji berries or raspberries for a more fruit-forward taste and a touch of red color to make it an edible decoration. You can also try a bit of snow-white whipped cream to round out seasonal color and taste palate.
Grinch Smoothie Health Benefits
Perhaps if the holiday spirit helped the Grinch’s heart grow three sizes, this holiday smoothie can help your waist slim three sizes! Okay, okay… that’s a little much, at least for just one season. But actually this is one of the healthiest smoothie recipes you’ll find. (A plus for all you parents out there, because kids love it so much!) Take a look at the ingredients:
- Almond milk is one of the most popular alternative milks, thanks to taste and nutrition. It’s packed with important vitamins, including vitamins D, E, and B12 that account for 25%, 50%, and 25% of your nutritional needs, respectively. 
- Bananas are famous for their potassium, but are likewise a good source of manganese, which plays a crucial role in our metabolism. 
- Avocados—not just a California-craze—are rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Studies show these “good fats”help reduce total cholesterol and triglycerides.  This makes opting for this Grinch smoothie instead of some ham and potato leftovers a great idea.
- Matcha is a powerful antioxidant which can lower free radical activity. Such antioxidants help prevent cell damage and risk of chronic disease and cancer. [4, 5]
- Spinach has loads of vitamin A, which is important for visual and immune function. It also contains vitamin K, manganese, iron, vitamin C, calcium, potassium, and vitamin B6… and so, so, so much more goodness.  It’s one of the ingredients underscoring this Grinch smoothie as a superfood holiday smoothie.
But all the Whos in Whoville will agree that the healthiest ingredient of them all is…
- Skinny Greens. Super Youth Skinny Greens is a nutrient-packed green superfood powder that provides all your daily greens in one single scoop. It’s not some hyped-up grass mix, either. Skinny Greens puts the most powerful superfoods under one lid: Spirulina, chlorella, matcha, spinach, turmeric, Ashwaganadha, and more. But it also has a delicious touch of fresh mango that really makes this Grinch smoothie a favorite for the holidays!
Holiday Grinch Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ frozen banana
- ¼ ripe avocado
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Skinny Greens
- Ice cubes to desired consistency
- Optional: goji berries (or raspberries) and whipped cream topping
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with goji berries and whipped cream. Enjoy!