Overnight Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
Written by: Samantha Wasielewski - Aug. 8, 2020
Chocolate cravings? Skip the guilt and indulge in this delicious chocolate chia seed pudding, packed with health benefits and age-reversing ingredients! Sometimes you just need that dessert fix, trust me, I get it. But when you’re trying to eat healthy, reaching for the nearest candy bar can set back your goals and leave you feeling guilty. That’s why I created this overnight chia seed pudding, so you can trick your taste buds into thinking they’re at the bakery, when they’re really forming some pretty tasty health habits!
Chia Seed Benefits
They say you are what you eat, so before we get into how to make chia seed pudding, check out the amazing benefits that come along with it. After reading, I guarantee that this chocolate chia seed pudding will be your new go-to snack!
Chia seeds are making a comeback, and for good reason! These small but mighty seeds are loaded with nutrients that pack a powerful punch for your body, brain, and waistline. (1)
- Nutrients + antioxidants—Although small, these seeds contain a ton of nutrients such as protein, fiber, fat, calcium, and magnesium, just to name a few. They hold only 101 calories per ounce (28 grams), are whole-grain, non-gmo, and gluten-free. Chia seeds are also high in antioxidants, which help to fight off free radicals that can damage cells, which can contribute to aging and various diseases.
- Healthy fiber—Chia seeds contain 12 grams of carbs per one ounce. Now, this might sound high for a tiny seed, but get this—11 of those grams are fiber, which your body doesn’t digest. Yes, fiber is technically in the carbohydrate family, but because fiber does not raise blood sugar, the effect it has on the body is very different from digestible carbs like starch or sugar. So, what does this mean? Chia seeds, like those found in this overnight chia seed pudding, are a low-carb friendly food and keto-diet approved! Chia seeds are 40% fiber by weight, so you can say goodbye to calorie-filled fiber bars, and hello to your new gut-friendly fiber bff.
- Protein + weight loss—The protein power in chia seeds are high compared to most plant foods. Protein is vital for muscle gain and strength, and is equally important for hitting your weight loss goals. Protein can lower appetite, which reduces snacking and unwanted calorie intake. Both the protein and fiber in chia seeds help increase fullness, so when combined, they can have some pretty mighty effects on your diet. Vegetarians and vegans rejoice! Chia seeds are also an incredible alternative to animal-based protein, and once you learn how to make chia seed pudding, getting protein into your diet will be easier than ever!
How To Make Chia Seed Pudding Overnight
This overnight chia seed pudding recipe is the simplest one out there – trust us, we’ve looked! Not only will it save you some serious time in the morning, but it will most certainly give you a much-needed excuse to get out of bed. 🤣
- Step 1—Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, minus the chia seeds, those will come later. 😊
- Step 2—After everything is mixed, add in the chia seeds and whisk until well combined.
- Step 3—Pour the mixture into a storage container and place it into the refrigerator. Leave it in the fridge overnight and BOOM! Your healthy breakfast will be ready and waiting for your enjoyment in the AM!
I know I listed some amazing benefits of this chocolate chia seed pudding, but I added a SUPER special ingredient that makes it even better. The secret is collagen! Super Youth collagen to be exact.
That’s right, this overnight chia seed pudding can also have some incredible anti-aging benefits when you mix in one or two scoops of unflavored Super Youth collagen during step 1. Collagen is best known for smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, strengthening hair, nails, and joints, and also contains protein that reduces hunger cravings and keeps you feeling fuller for longer. (2)
With this chocolate chia seed pudding, you’ve got an anti-aging, nutrient-filled, powerhouse breakfast to save you time, money, and calories!
Best Toppings For Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Make this overnight chia seed pudding your own by adding in your favorite toppings! Here’s some taste-tested and approved fan favorites:
- Granola—Granola provides a nice crunch to this recipe and is rich in protein, fiber, and micronutrients.
- Berries—Add some sweet into the mix when you toss in some berries! Berries are loaded in antioxidants and provide high amounts of Vitamin C.
- Nut Butter—Nut butters are a delicious way to balance the chocolate in this overnight chia seed pudding, and provide healthy fats, fiber, and protein.
No toppings? No problem! We designed this chocolate chia seed pudding recipe to be just as delicious on its own!
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 scoops Super Youth Unflavored collagen
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, except chia seeds.
- Once mixed, add chia seeds and whisk until the seeds are well combined.
- Pour mixture into a storage container and place it in the refrigerator for a few minutes. Give it another stir to make sure everything is evenly combined.
- Leave chia seed pudding in the fridge overnight. Top with your favorite granola, berries, or nut better, and enjoy!