How To Make Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings (But Healthy!)
Written by: Samantha Wasielewski - Mar. 1, 2021
My air fryer has become my favorite new kitchen sidekick. From veggies to chicken, anything can be cooked to perfection in this magical vortex. In fact, it’s hard to imagine how I ever cooked without one!
Air fryers are a busy mom’s dream because they can quickly cook the delicious foods you and the kiddos love in a healthier, non-greasy way, and the recipe possibilities are endless. One of my favorite things to make in the air fryer is classic American foods like healthy version air fryer chicken wings.
Enjoy the healthier way when you serve the chicken wings in air fryer version, and still get the same great crispiness you love, without the trans fat and grease from your favorite wing spot.
What Are Air Fryer Chicken Wings?
Air fryer buffalo wings are chicken wings made in the air fryer. By cooking your wings in the air fryer, you get that delicious, crispy skin, with juicy chicken meat in the middle—no chance of dryness from overcooking.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
These air fryer buffalo wings are hands down better than any restaurant wings I’ve tried (believe me, I’ve had my fair share), and are ready in just 25 minutes!
- Coat chicken wings with seasoning
- Place in air fryer at 400 degrees, 8 minutes per side
- While chicken is cooking, mix buffalo sauce and collagen
- When cooked, drizzle buffalo sauce and serve!
See below for full instructions on cooking chicken wings in air fryer.
How long does it take to cook wings in an air fryer?
Mixing your seasoning and lining your air fryer with parchment paper is all it takes to prep your air fryer buffalo wings. After that, simply toss your chicken wings in air fryer for 16 minutes while you prepare the buffalo sauce.
These air fryer chicken wings are perfect for multi-tasking on game day because you can simply pop em’ in and start working on your other side dishes.
Is Cooking Chicken Wings In Air Fryer Healthier?
The common, traditional way of deep frying chicken wings, while delicious, means loads of fat and oil. Cooking chicken wings in air fryer is a more health-conscious way to enjoy the tasty snack you love.
- Less oil, fewer calories—Air frying vs. frying in oil can cut calories by up 80%, using less oil and grease, and fat.
- Less harmful effects—Frying certain foods can create compounds like acrylamide, which is classified as a carcinogen, meaning it may be linked to cancer (1). Air frying your food may help lower the amount of acrylamide content.
- Youth-activating ingredients—I’ve added Super Youth collagen to this recipe so that while you’re enjoying your wings, you’re also smoothing out wrinkles and cellulite.
These air fryer chicken wings are a game day, or any day, touchdown. 🙌 They’re crispier, faster, and cheaper to make than any wing shop, and you’ll no doubt have fans asking for your recipe!
5 min mins
15 min mins
25 min mins
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 1 lb chicken wings split into flats and drumettes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- 1-2 scoops Super Youth unflavored collagen
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing (optional, on the side)
- Thoroughly pat dry chicken wings with paper towels and place in a mixing bowl.
- Coat in 1 tbsp oil then sprinkle on 2 tsp garlic salt and 1 tsp lemon pepper. Toss to evenly coat with seasoning.
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper or foil. Place the chicken in the air frying basket, spacing evenly and air fry at 400˚F for 8 minutes per side, or a total of 16 minutes, or until chicken wings are crisp and golden brown on the outside.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix together the buffalo sauce and Super Youth collagen.
- Once the wings are done cooking, place them on a serving platter or bowl and drizzle with the buffalo sauce. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.