The Best Blueberry Acai Smoothie Recipe To Boost Energy!
Written by: Samantha Wasielewski - Mar. 29, 2021
If you’ve ever been on a diet, or have tried losing weight, then you know it can be a long and difficult journey. And while it comes with the exhilarating feeling of reward when you hit those goals you’ve been working so hard for, getting there can have its challenges. One of those challenges is putting your body in a calorie deficit (eating fewer calories). When you’re in a calorie deficit, your body can feel low on energy, and the struggle to get to the gym or to keep going with your diet is real. Luckily, there’s this delicious acai smoothie recipe to help with that! If you’re looking to lose weight AND keep your energy levels up, then this recipe is for you!
Packed with tons of body-beneficial superfoods, this energizing acai blueberry smoothie also has two secret ingredients, for an elevated twist on the classic smoothie. And by making this acai smoothie recipe at home, you’ll even save some moolah while skipping out on excess sugar and calories smoothie shops tend to add. So, let’s get to blending!
What Is Acai?
Acai, one of the tastiest members of the superfood family, in my opinion, is a fruit found on acai palm trees. Acai berries are purple like grapes, and are native to the Amazon region. While we call acai a berry, its large pit means it’s technically not a berry, but a drupe.
Acai Smoothie Health Benefits
This superfood-packed snack has risen in popularity not just for its incredible health benefits, but for the star ingredient in the Pinterest-worthy acai bowl—acai! Here are some of the awesome benefits you can expect from this acai smoothie recipe.
- High in antioxidants—This acai blueberry smoothie is loaded with antioxidants, which help protect your cells from the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Nutrient-dense—Unlike most fruits, acai is high in fat and low in sugar. They also contain vitamin A and calcium.
- Improves brain health—The plant compounds found in acai berries could potentially help protect your brain from damage as you age,  and antioxidants can help reduce inflammation and improve memory.
But wait, there’s even more AWESOME in this acai smoothie recipe…
Other Health Benefits Of This Blueberry Acai Smoothie
This acai smoothie doesn’t stop there! Here are some of the other awesome ingredients your mind, body, and taste buds will thank you for!
- Blueberries—Blueberries are packed with nutrients like fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese. And just like acai berries, blueberries also have a TON of antioxidants. In fact, blueberries have some of the highest amounts of antioxidant levels within the fruit family. This is an acai blueberry smoothie for the books! 
- Bananas—Bananas contain important nutrients like potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, magnesium, fiber, and protein. Bananas may also help improve digestion due to their fiber content.
- Detox tea—Super Youth Detox is one of the secret ingredients I mentioned earlier. It contains 13 powerful metabolism-boosting superfoods that help achieve a healthy weight, reduce bloating, and release harmful toxins that can build up over time. The perfect addition to the acai smoothie recipe!
How To Make An Acai Smoothie
You’ll love how easy it is to make this acai blueberry smoothie. Because fresh acai berries have a short shelf life and are only available where they’re grown, they are exported here and sold either frozen or as a dried powder or pressed juice. Take a quick trip to the frozen fruit section at your local grocery store and you’ll find a simple, ready-to-make frozen acai smoothie pack.
To make this acai smoothie recipe even easier, you can pre-make your Detox tea so it’s ready when you are. Brew your Detox tea the night before and let sit in the fridge overnight. Then, wake up and get to blendin’!
Yes, it’s that simple—Add dates to your acai blueberry smoothie for extra sweetness, or add some coconut flakes on top for some extra YUM! No matter how you prepare this acai smoothie recipe, your packing in important nutrients that you can easily take with you on-the-go.
5 min mins
0 min mins
5 min mins
Blueberry Acai Smoothie
- ½ cup non dairy milk
- ⅔ cup brewed Detox tea
- 1 frozen acai smoothie pack
- 1 cup wild blueberries, frozen
- 1 frozen banana
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1-2 medjool dates, optional for sweetness
- Fresh blueberries & coconut flakes for topping, optional
- Add milk, dates, and nuts to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add acai, berries, and banana. Add optional ice, Blend until creamy. Enjoy!